Founded in 1928, The Whippoorwill Club sits on the second highest point in Westchester County. The club needed a new facility that would offer modern conveniences to its 350 members but still reflected the club’s established tradition. Inspired by the work of architectural firm McKim, Mead and White, a shingle style two-story club house was constructed to take full advantage of views overlooking the club’s renowned Donald Ross golf course. Banks of floor-to-ceiling windows open from the dining and grill rooms onto a deep wrap-around porch that is supported by robust fluted columns. Second floor locker facilities are located to be less remote and are accessed from a gracious stairwell off the main social room. The club was featured in Country Club Quarterly and The Best of Northeast Golf magazine.
96 Old Post Road, Suite 200
Southport, CT 06890